Every day at the moment, the highlight of my day is turning to my partner and saying ‘What are we going to have for dinner tonight’
I have been trying to be a bit more creative with my dishes so that Dinner is interesting and tasty.
I am going to add some of my favourite recipes here and share them over the next couple of weeks adding new ones weekly.
Perfect for servicing with a charcuterie board or on some fresh bread or even adding to a pasta dish!
- 100g of pistachio nut
- 1/2 garlic clove
- 1 handful of basil leaves
- 1 handful of mint leaves
- 10g of Parmesan, grated
- 60ml of olive oil
- sea salt flakes
- freshly ground black pepper
- lemon juice
Pasta à la Mary
This is a delicious spaghetti dish that my mum ( Mary) makes and it’s so delicious!
2 x Red Pepper
2 handfuls of Cherry Tomatoes
2 Cloves of Garlic
1 Red Chilli
Parsley and Italian Herbs
- Grill your peppers with the skin facing up and cook until the skin goes black. Remove from the grill and put them under cold water for a couple of minutes, then remove the skin and chop lengthways thinly.
- Place your tomatoes in boiling water for around 4-5 minutes. Drain and put under cold water and then remove the skins
- Start Boiling your spaghetti
- Add olive oil to a pan and add garlic, parsley and chilli to the pan, then add your peppers and tomatoes
- If you want add some parma ham or bacon bits but not necessary
- Drain the Pasta and keep 1/4 of a cup of the water
- Add the Spaghetti to the Sauce Mix around and add the pasta water
- Add in Parmasan, Salt and Pepper and serve
Tuna and Bean Salad
Tin of Tuna
Can of Black Eyed Beans
1/4 of an Onion – slice really thinly
1/2 a Red Pepper
For the dressing
2 Teaspoons of Olive Oil
3 Teaspoons of White Wine Vinegar
- Drain your Tuna and Beans and add to a big bowl and stir
- Add your finely chopped onion, chopped up pepper and parsley
- Stir in a small bowl some olive oil and white wine vinegar, add salt to taste
- Pour into your big bowl and mix everything together
This is so easy and perfect for lunch!
Asian Salmon Salad
Cooked Salmon Fillets – I usually buy these from Tesco
1/4 of a Red Cabbage
1/4 of a Green Cabbage
For the dressing
1 Tablespoon of Sesame Oil
2 Tablespoons of Soya Sauce
1 Tablespoon of White Wine Vinegar
1 Teaspoon of Miso Paste
1 Tablespoon of Mayo / Tahini
Handful of Sesame Seeds
- Chop up all the cabbage and place in a bowl
- Grate the carrots longways and place in bowl
- Chop up coriander & mint and mix in
- Fry off the cup of sesame seeds
- Mix all the dressing ingredients and add the sesame seeds
- Pour over the salad
- Add the Salmon and serve!
* I use this dressing to make an asian slaw which I also serve with Pulled Pork and Mash Potato which is so delicious. It is also yummy with left over Chicken or you can make it vegetarian.
Slow Cooked Pulled Pork
I use a slow cooker which I highly recommend purchasing! I got this one and it’s only £19.99 and has been a life saver!
For the Slow Cooker ( Pop it all in)
- 1/4 of a Red Cabbage
- 1/4 of a Green Cabbage
- 3-4 Carrots
For the slaw dressing
- 1 Tablespoon of Sesame Oil
- 2 Tablespoons of Soya Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon of White Wine Vinegar
- 1 Teaspoon of Miso Paste
- 1 Tablespoon of Mayo / Tahini
- Handful of Sesame Seeds
- Pour the vegetable oil into the bottom of a slow cooker. Place the pork roast into the slow cooker; pour in the barbecue sauce, apple cider vinegar, and chicken broth. Stir in the brown sugar, yellow mustard, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, onion, garlic, and thyme. Cover and cook on High until the roast shreds easily with a fork, 5 to 6 hours.
Remove the roast from the slow cooker, and shred the meat using two forks. Return the shredded pork to the slow cooker, and stir the meat into the juices.
- I serve it in brioche burger buns and my homemade slaw
- For the slaw just mix all the ingredients together , mix the dressing on a separate bowl and pour on
- You can also serve it with mash potatoes
Easy M&S Chicken Kiev Meal
This is a staple that we have once a week when we want something easy and tasty!
Ingredients ( Just buy – no need for a recipe haha)
- M&S Chicken Kievs
- Beetroot Slaw
- Mash Potatoes
- Salad with a simple dressing