I recently went to Paris on the Eurostar for the weekend and wanted to share all the great things we did if you are thinking of going over the next couple of month.
We stayed in Hotel Grands Boulevards and absolutely loved it!
The location is perfect and so close to The Louvre and literally in the middle of everything.
The rooms are great and the beds are super comfortable. They have gorgeous products in the bathroom too.
The hotel has a lovely restaurant and a cute cocktail bar and also has a rooftop bar.
The prices are reasonable too!
I recommend visiting the following restaurants:
- Silencio Des Pres – Get the beef tartare and stick to cocktails here, you won’t be disappointed. Created by Remy Sauvage. Located in the Saint Germain area. Great atmosphere and buzz if you are looking for somewhere for a Friday night.
- Clamato – Seafood Restaurant in Le Marais- definitely go here if you enjoy counter dining, small plates and good seafood. One of our favourites on the trip
- Relais de L’entrecote– Saint Germain- We did have to queue for an hour but we wanted the classic ‘Steak, Frites’ and you cannot go wrong here- they are dotted around the city but definitely worth the wait.
- Le Basilic– located beside Musee D’Orsay- high end classic restaurant where we had lobster pasta, steak tartare and champagne- great if you want something quieter but lovely away from the hustle and bustle
- Racines– Located next to our hotel and quite hard to get a booking. A small little restaurant in an arcade with a weekly changing italian menu. Definitely book here! We even spotted John Kerry, United States special presidential envoy for climate dining here
- Loulou– located beside the Louvre, great buzz and atmosphere. Get the prawn pasta.
- Restaurant Paul Bert– we really wanted to go here but didn’t book in time so recommend going here if you can. Call to book.
- Get scooters! We literally got them everywhere and you can download the Tier App and use them unlimited for €9.99 a day. You then get to sight see while travelling around and they have special lanes for the scooters so that you feel safe. Get 50% discount on your first two rides with this link
- Stroll through Le Marais area- great buzz about the place, lots of restaurants and bars
- Visit all the usual sight seeing spots- book ahead if you can
- Have a drink in the rooftop bar at Le Tout Paris at Le Cheval Blanc for the best views and if you have the budget stay here- Hottest hotel to stay in at the moment!
- Visit the new department store Samaritain
- Damien Hirst Exhibition
- Go to La Patisserie de Cyril Lignac and get their Mille-Feuille