Made with the perfect combination of store cupboard ingredients and just a sprinkle of social distancing, this vegan friendly recipe is sure to be a fan favourite. As though times may seem a little bleak, your menu doesn’t need to be!
Black bean and potato patty:
500g cooked and drained black beans
120g coconut oil
10g chili flakes
10g ground coriander
150g diced Spanish onion
150g panko bread crumbs
500g red quinoa cooked
550g baked sweet potato (no skin)
15g table salt
5g black pepper
Toasted charcoal bun
Pickled red cabbage
Black bean and potato patty
Tomato sliced across 1cm thick
- Cook the diced onion with the coconut oil without caramelizing and then add the spices
- Add all ingredients to a large mixing bowl and give a good mix.
- Cook a little of the mix to check seasoning
- Weigh and potion into 200g patty’s
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a non-stick pan over a medium heat.
- When the pan is hot, fry the burgers for 4 minutes on each side, or until golden. If they colour too quickly, reduce the heat.
Building a No.4
- Toast charcoal burger bun cut in across in ½
- In a frying pan and a little veg oil cook the black bean patty
- Spoon a generous amount of pickled red cabbage on the bottom of the burger bun
- Place the patty on top of the cabbage
- Sliced love heart tomato
- Grated sheese
- Finish with the top of the toasted charcoal burger bun