It’s that time of the year where we reflect on the months’ gone by. What has worked well, what hasn’t worked so well. Pondering on what we could have done differently, what we’re proud of and what we still want to achieve.
This is such a great time of year to reflect on what we want to create in 2022 and what we want to leave behind in 2021. Below I share my life and business lessons from 2021 and I hope that you take some inspiration from it as we move forward with whatever 2022 will bring us.
- Life isn’t about ‘pushing’ it’s about being open to ‘receiving’ the opportunities that are out there. You don’t have to be ‘go, go, go’ all the time. Take a moment to enjoy the silence and you’ll find answers you never thought you’d find
- It’s OK to give ourselves permission to slow down. As my high performance coach taught me, we get to slow down to speed up. Taking time off throughout the year will help you come back stronger, more productive and with fresh ideas. Burnout is not a superpower!
- There may be times in your life where you feel that everything is going backwards, that you’re not achieving your goals. But maybe, just maybe you’re not looking in the right direction. Take the time to focus on what you want instead of focusing on what you don’t want
- It’s OK to change direction and be scared in the process. The brain doesn’t like change, it likes the familiar so it will push away the detail that is too unfamiliar or different. Trust in the process, know that what you desire is possible, that you are enough and stay connected to your why
- If you’re unhappy where you are now and it’s exactly where you were this time last year, it’s time to take action. As Einstein said ‘the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results’. If you want different results, take different actions
- Work with the end in mind. Like myself, you might have had to make some challenging decisions in 2021. Whatever has happened or is happening, keep focused on your end goal. Know that what you are doing now will help you reach your goals in the long run. Work with the end in sight.
- Take the time to uncover your money story and how it’s stopping you from creating the money you want in your business. To uncover your hidden money blocks and increase your chances of success in your Virtual Assistant business, grab my free money guide
- Progress over perfection. Get out of your head and into action. The more you overthink something the longer it will take to get the results that you desire. It’s just your mind trying to self-sabotage your success. Trust in yourself, trust in the process and learn from your experiences. There’s always a lesson.
- Tell your loved ones how much you love them and appreciate them. Send random acts of gratitude for no other reason than that you can. If the last two years have taught us anything, it’s that life isn’t as predictable as we think it might be, so let people know you appreciate them
- Set goals for the new year and break them down. You don’t need to have it all figured out. Just figure out your first step and go from there. Your first step could be joining Grow Your Virtual Assistant Business With Confidence Facebook group for support and accountability
What goals are you setting for 2022? What are you doing differently this year to what you did in 2021? Take the time to get really clear on your goals and what you want to achieve and then break down each goal into manageable action steps.
If you’re ready to get started in your Virtual Assistant business then check out my mini online course, The VA Mastery 101, to learn more about how to get started.
Remember, nothing will change unless you do, so I encourage you to step into 2022 with confidence by taking action on your dreams.